In honor of Dog O’Day’s 12 Days of Dogmas, we are having fun with all things holiday themed. And that includes dog treats with a festive twist!
Whether you opt for pre-made treats or you want to make something from scratch, the holidays are here. So what does this mean for our pups? Well, it means that we want to spoil them with festive goodies of their own.
In honor of Dogmas we decided to find five of the best, festive treats that our dogs will love. And we can say that because our staff pup is already in love with all five of these dog treats.
5 festive dog treats to spoil our pups with during the 12 Days of Dogmas
- Bocce’s Bakery Reindeer Fuel Soft & Chewy Treats – This banana and bacon chewy treat is everything our pups want in a delicious bite. And according to the product page, “This festive classic will be sure to get your pup’s tail wagging this holiday season. Bocce’s wrapped all the classic flavors of the season into a Soft & Chewy cookie with limited ingredients & an all-natural preservative – perfect for pups looking for a chewier bite.”
- Milk-Bone Winter Paw-Liday Soft & Chewy Chicken Dog Treats – If there is one brand that we have always reached for in the dog treats department, it would have to be Milk-Bone and for the holidays we were excited to see them releasing a limited edition holiday bag of goodies. The fact that we can snag these at Target also means they are easy to get our hands on ahead of the holidays.
- Blue Buffalo Santa Snacks Oatmeal & Cinnamon Holiday Dog Treats – Our staff pup loves Blue Buffalo and these holiday treats are at the top of her wish list. The flavor combination makes us think of holiday cookies and in this case we think that’s exactly what she is getting. And these are pretty easy to find in a variety of stores, including Petco and Target!
- Three Dog Bakery Holiday Carob and Peppermint Lick’n Crunch Cookie Dog Treats – When I lived in Dallas, I got the chance to actually go into a Three Dog Bakery and every single treat was an experience. So when we found these Christmas inspired treats at Target, we knew we needed to snag a box (or two) for our staff pup to try for herself. And she has definitely proclaimed them as winners of her heart (or maybe her tummy).
- Holiday Feast for Pups (To Stuff in Your Kong) – When it comes to giving treats to your pup, the Kong has definitely created a lot of entertainment in the world of dog treats. The fact that our dogs have to find a way to get the treat out of the Kong means that they are working their minds and their tongues. So for the holidays, we had to make sure that we included at least one tree that was Kong worthy. And in this case, it is a recipe that comes from the minds at Chewy! The Holiday Feast consists of minced ham, dried cranberries, KONG Stuff’N Sweet Potato Spread Dog Treat, and plain Greek yogurt. It really is as easy as mixing all the ingredients together and then getting it into the Kong for your pup to play with. And yes, it is a feast for their taste buds and their senses.