Are you planning a trip to Florida and bringing your pup along for the adventure? Are you looking for some dog friendly beaches to visit? We have some suggestions for beautiful destinations and dog friendly beaches for you and your pup to enjoy on your next Floridian vacation!
Sometimes you just want to get your toes a little wet and some sand on your feet. And when you have a pup, you want to take them with you. But often, when heading to a beach, you will notice signs that say “no dogs allowed.” It’s a sad fact that dogs are just not welcome everywhere we may want to take them.
But, if you are heading to Florida on vacation and want to bring your dog with you, there really are quite a few beaches that are actually dog friendly. And while we are not going to mention every single beach where you and your pup can enjoy some sun, sand, and surf, we have pulled together five destinations to check out.
5 beaches in Florida to visit with your dog
- Key West Dog Beach – If you are heading to Key West, then you definitely want to head to the Key West Dog Beach. As Visit Florida points out, “your dog will have a blast playing with other dogs in the soft sands of this small beach at the nation’s southernmost point.” Sounds good to us and you can’t go wrong with a beautiful beach in a beautiful location – especially if our dogs can join us!
- Miami Beach’s Bark Beach – Are you heading to Miami with Fluffy? Then this is the only beach to visit! This is also the only dog friendly beach in the City of Miami Beach, so we really mean that when we say this is the place to go. The fact that this beach is also near a pet friendly park too makes this a perfect place to enjoy the beauty of the area with Fluffy at your side.
- Davis Islands Dog Beach, Tampa – Heading to the Tampa area of Florida? Then you and Fluffy need to hit up the Davis Islands Dog Beach. This destination gives you and your pup 200 feet of waterfront access so the two of you can enjoy some surf with your sand. And considering you are in the Tampa area, you will be able to find other dog friendly destinations, including restaurants and dog parks.
- Jupiter Beach – Looking for a beach where Fluffy can get off their leash and run around for a bit? Then this is the place for you! This beach gives you and Fluffy 2.5 miles of sun and sand, with a dog bags provided to help keep the area clean for all to enjoy. And yes, there is actually free parking here as an added bonus.
- St. George Island – Want a beach where you and Fluffy can relax, kick back, and maybe make some new friends? Then you are in luck because all 22 miles of St. George Island beaches are pet friendly (we were a little shocked about this too)! And considering these beaches are often on lists of the best beaches in the entire United States, you definitely don’t want to miss this destination. Fish, swim, and enjoy the beauty of the Gulf Coast with Fluffy at your side.
Honestly, we are always on the hunt for fun destinations where we can relax with our dog in tow. And these are just five beaches in Florida where you can kick back and enjoy some sun and sand with your furry friend.
Do you have a favorite dog friendly beach to visit? Do you plan trips based on where you and Fluffy can go together? Have you been to any of these Florida beaches? We want to know.