Have you ever wondered what the best rated dog movies were? Luckily for us, Money.co.uk decided to find out for us and put together a list of the best of the best movies for pet lovers.
And if you are wondering why Money.co.uk would be compiling data on the best rated dog movies, it may have something to do with the fact that one of their big things is making sure pet owners have pet insurance. They do this by comparing some of the best insurance plans out there and helping people pick the plan that works for them and their pets.
Knowing that they are pet lovers in their own way, we were pretty excited to dig deep into their findings. Although they did point out in the press email we received that this information was collected in December 2021, and things could have changed since the ratings were compiled.
10 of the best rated dog movies through the end of 2021
So what are the best rated dog movies as of December 2021?
- Hachi: A Dog’s Tale from 2009 with an IMDb rating of 8.1
- Togo from 2019 with an IMDb rating of 8
- Isle of Dogs from 2018 with an IMDb rating of 7.9
- The Art of Racing in the Rain from 2019 with an IMDb rating of 7.6
- Sounder from 1972 with an IMDb rating of 7.6
- Pick of the Litter from 2018 with an IMDb rating of 7.6
- Best in Show from 2000 with an IMDb rating of 7.5
- A Dog’s Journey from 2019 with an IMDb rating of 7.5
- Cruella from 2021 with an IMDb rating of 7.4
- Red Dog from 2011 with an IMDb rating of 7.4
Just outside of the top 10, 101 Dalmatians from 1961 came in at number 11, while Lady and the Tramp from 1955 was in the twelfth spot. And yes, they also included information on some of the lowest rated dog movies, which included The Karate Dog, which was the worst dog movie ever with a rating of just 2.8 from IMDb.
Are you surprised by these rankings? Is a movie missing from the top 10? We want to hear your thoughts.