There are a lot of dog breeds in the world, which means that there are a lot of fuzzy personalities. And some dogs just happen to be lazy. In fact, there are dogs out there who would rather nap on the couch over going for a hike in the woods.
So if you are planning to get a dog and you are a highly active person, these dog breeds may not be for you. And if you happen to be a couch potato looking for a partner, then maybe these pups are the perfect choice all around.
If you have ever wondered which dogs are the laziest, then we have you covered. Or at the very least, here are five dog breeds that are actually known for being lazy.
5 dogs breeds known for being on the lazy side of things
- The Pug – In general, Pugs have a lot of energy. However, the problem is that their tiny size means that even with a lot of energy, it doesn’t last very long. These pups are easily exhausted. And while that many not be the same thing as being lazy, it does mean that they are also more likely to skip on the walk for a day on the couch.
- The Chow Chow – As someone who grew up with Chow Chows, I can confirm that these big balls of fluff can in fact be quite lazy. They like their creature comforts and naps. And yes, these dogs can be aloof with strangers, but they adore their people. They aren’t necessarily a playful breed or even highly active, but they can get into trouble if they want. In a lot of ways, the Chow Chow is a lot like a cat, and it is a big reason why we love them.
- English Bulldogs – Another breed I have been around quite a bit, the English Bulldog is a sweet pup, but they are not meant for that exercise life. In fact, they prefer their naps to walks and we can’t blame them. They are easily exhausted, much like the Pug, which makes them less likely to be active and more likely to snooze the day away.
- The Greyhound – While the Greyhound may be known for their racing speed, did you know that they are actually better suited for that couch potato life? Although they may be race dogs, they really prefer that quiet life. Instead of going for a walk, they want their dog bed and a blanket. And we can’t say we blame them.
- The French Bulldog – The French Bulldog may be the most popular dog breed right now, but did you know that they are lazy like their English Bulldog cousins? While these pups can be rather playful, the problem is that they tend to have health issues that contribute to their preference for inactivity. This a breed that can be considered high maintenance, but that doesn’t take away from the fact that they would prefer being couch potatoes to going for hikes in the wood.
Honestly, some dogs are lazy because of their size, while others have health issues that make them less likely to be out and about and running around. Whatever the reason, these dogs are definitely more comfortable napping at your side versus going for long walks around town.