Are you looking for some fun things to do with your dog this summer? Sometimes you just need to unwind and relax, and if you have a furry friend, that could mean unwinding with them.
There are plenty of ways to enjoy summer fun with your furry friends. From doing things outside to making things with your pup, there are a lot of ways to enjoy the warmer months of the year with your dog.
From taking our pup for car rides with the windows down to treating them to a pup cup or two, there are plenty of lowkey things we can do with our pups almost all year long. Recently, we saw a post from Wellness Pet Food on Instagram where they shared a list of 12 ways to “give your pup the summer of their lives.” And it was inspiring!
So here are our five ideas for summer fun with your dog.
5 ways to have some fun with your dog
- Head to the beach – Did you know that just like there are dog parks, there are also dog beaches? We highly recommend checking to see if you live near a dog friendly beach. And even if you don’t necessarily have a beach nearby, maybe there is a lake nearby where your pup is welcome to enjoy the water.
- Go to a dog-friendly patio – Heading out to dinner this summer? Why not pick a restaurant that is dog friendly? There are plenty of restaurants that have patios and in a lot of cases, those patios welcome you and your dog for a meal. And sometimes, they even have a treat for your dog too. (Some restaurants even have a “doggy menu” that you can order something for your dog from so that they get a meal too.)
- Put a sprinkler in your yard for you and your dog – Channel your childhood and enjoy the magic of a sprinkler with your dog. A lot of us do not have a pool or access to a pool, but maybe you have a hose. And if you have a hose, you can attach a sprinkler! And what’s more fun than running through the sprinkler and getting wet on a hot day? How about doing it with your pup.
- Go for a hike with your dog – I know plenty of people who like to shake up their usual walk with their dog and that means going for a hike instead. Whether it is a short hike or a longer one, this is a great activity for both you and your dog. It gets you both out of the house and exercising, while also getting a chance to enjoy nature together.
- Head the park and have a picnic – Is your local park dog friendly? If it is, why not go to the park and enjoy a picnic together? Your pup gets to go out and socialize and you can do something different. Even just going to the park with your coffee and a snack is a good way to get out of the house and enjoy the summer sunshine.
What are some summer suggestions you have for enjoying time with your dog?