For the past 30 years, Labrador Retrievers were America’s Number One Dog Breed. Well, folks, the Lab has been dethroned; in the past 10 years, the French Bulldog has grown with it’s popularity and has since passed up the 30-year long favorite dog veteran.
What makes the French Bulldog so popular? Why does America love them oh so much?
The French Bulldog is now America’s No. 1 favorite dog breed? Let’s see why!
It’s actually been 31 years exactly since there’s been a favorite dog breed in America other than the Labrador Retriever. French Bulldogs, since then, have spiked in over 1000% in popularity so it’s no secret that they are America’s most favorite dog breed now.
Unfortunately, favorite dog breeds, according to the AKC (American Kennel Club), do not include mixed breeds, so if you have a favorite one of those, start thinking of a pure bred pup to throw on your list of (official) favorites instead.
According to a study done by CNBC, here are America’s Top Three Favorite Dog Breeds:
- 1.) French Bulldog
- 2.) Labrador Retriever
- 3.) Golden Retriever
If you’re interesting in adopting America’s favorite dog breed, here are some facts about them:
- They are super playful and alert
- They make great companions
- Their roots stem in both England and France
- They cannot swim
- Flying on a plane with them is a total no-go
- They are considered to be brachycephalic due to their shorter snouts
- Can lead to facial fractures and other breathing problems
- Some Frenchies have even passed while on a plane
- They make great babysitters for kids and other animals
- They love and are super loyal to their families
It’s clear to say that the French Bulldog is super popular for a variety of reasons, and although they might not be everyone’s favorite, they certainly are to some, and that’s all that matters!
How do you feel about French Bulldogs? Will or should another pup breed take their place in the (near or distant) future? Let’s chat about all things pups down below in the comments below! And until then, as always…….Woof, Woof!